Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Since my last post Drew and I have finished off the cross country season with Drew winning Provincial Championships, did the Warrior Dash on my staggette (and then couldn't walk for a while), got married, headed out on an awesome riding mini-moon, and then started in on cross (and booking) season with a trip to Seattle for Starcrossed and then tons of local BC and Island racing (the Island Cup series has been AWESOME this year with up to 191 people coming out!).  It has been a busy couple of months where everything that doesn't qualify as absolutely necessary is put on the backburner and the normal necessities (like house cleaning) get put on the warmer to be done in rare moments of unexhausted calm - I'm still waiting for these moments....).


The Marin's we rode out of our ceremony on....

On the cross country racing front, this year wasn't one of the most outwardly successful but because of that I have some good goals and things to focus on for next year.  I'm looking forward to trying to enjoy the cross season as much as possible (while suffering my way back into some form of fitness) and then going back to the drawing board this winter for some solid riding and recovering from the year.

Why have a cake when you can  have a pinata cake and a sundae bar?
This was a year of learning and planning as both Drew and I started new jobs in January and then planned our perfect wedding day for August (complete with a pinata wedding cake, bikes, Drinko, a photo booth, a sundae bar, and late night pizza!).  We are now planning our trip to Single Speed Cyclocross Worlds in San Francisco, US Thanksgiving at home with my parents (first time since graduating highschool 8 years ago, Christmas in California with my family, and then Hawaii (for our real honeymoon) in January.
Noble Nob - near Greenwater, WA

Next year - new bikes, more racing, more travelling, and hopefully some wicked ride tales and better fitness!  Drew and I will both be on Marin's new Rift Zone T3 29er - full carbon, full suspension, full big wheel awesomeness and we're kicking around the idea of getting some big bikes considering that the result I was most proud of (as it got me my first magazine mention!) was from the US Nationals SuperD...maybe it is time for us to embrace more than 4 inches of travel!

Check out all the press on the new Marin's :


Warrior Dash in Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment