Monday, January 31, 2011

Seattle "Normal People" weekend

Sometimes it is good for us to pretend like we are normal, like it isn't REQUIRED for us to have a bike on anywhere we go.  This week we headed down to Seattle to watch my studly little (big) sister's basketball game.  Sage is 18 and playing for the Washington State University (WSU) women's basketball team.  She is super impressive, a ton of fun, and I taught her everything she knows (well, maybe not EVERYTHING).

Saturday we caught the 7am ferry (gross!) and headed down to Seattle, a quick stop at the outlet mall started me panicking as I found a "wedding" dress I thought I liked (I've already ordered one in Victoria). But I showed it to Drew and he was unenthused, panic subsides and we head on into the city.

Drew still hadn't made it into Seattle for his tattoo for winning Single Speed Cyclocross Worlds 2010 (or 2009 for that matter) so we headed into Chinatown for his appointment.  While Drew was in pain, I explored the area with my oldest sister and her husband.  It was a great day to be in Chinatown as the Lunar New Year parade was making its rounds with dragons, fire crackers, and drums.

The evening held a restaurant crawl and dinner with our star for the weekend.  Rolled into bed exhausted and stuffed to the gills.  The next morning held belgian waffles, coffee, and a beautiful walk through the Pike Street Market.

Finally game time, we dressed up in sweet duds that my sister Cara made for us and headed to the game to be super-supporters for Sage.  Sage played great, but the team lost - they'll have another chance to get University of Washington (u-Dub) at home on February 26th.

Quick drive home, and back to work...although Drew has a sweet week up in Whistler planned with work.

Speaking of work - Marin bikes has a sweet little cache of videos up online:

Team DH on the silverscreen
and
Preview of Ride Guide TV Episode with Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment