Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back to Basics

Our Very Confused Flowers...yes, still February!






I hate winter (as clearly expressed in my previous post) but I love winter training, being home, having a social life, sleeping in my own bed, and getting stuff done around the house.

The last month has found me on longer rides than any previous winter, with a flexible schedule that has given me the ability to work in the mornings, ride in the afternoons, and then do office work in the evenings.  It is amazing!




Top of the climb at Hornby





Some of the highlights have been a few beautiful days, a trip to Hornby (photos below!), and lots of rides with Catherine Vipond.  With the exception of a couple rough days, the winter riding has been great with sun, low doses (or douses) of rain, and no snow since early January...and it didn't stick around long enough to count.




Riding back to the ferry at Sunset

Other than that, Drew and I got our hands on the Marin CXR 29er - 21 pounds of 29 inch carbon speed...almost makes me think twice about deciding on a full suspension (that may change once I get a good ride in on the new Rift Zone though!)
Waiting for the boat home...
The view from the top of Hornby Ridge Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment